Here at LashBase one of our many missions is to ensure we are doing what we can to minimise our own contribution to the vast amounts of plastic waste which is unfortunately generated by the beauty industry, in the hopes that we can contribute towards slowing down the effects of global warming and to show our efforts amongst the industry! It’s important to be more considerate and sustainable as a brand whilst constantly educating ourselves and our customers to also be mindful of the consumption of plastic and consider how small businesses can also play their part in making this industry less wasteful.
WHAT HAVE WE DONE TO HELP?
We have been making changes to how we do things and over the last 3 years, we have built a name for ourselves through our eco-friendly alternatives as well as our packaging, a few of which include.
- Eco-friendly Bamboo alternatives
- Biodegradable EvoLashes
- We use recyclable paper/card for our packing filler (instead of bubble wrap)
- We recycle any returned and/or faulty tweezers.
- Our lashes are sold in carboard packaging rather than plastic.
- Where we can, we source as many products as possible from the UK.
The end goal is fully biodegradable lashes, but for now, the technology and manufacturing capabilities do not exist, so we have created the first ever version of what’s possible. A glimpse into the future of lash extensions. We will continue to educate ourselves and improve as and when we can!
WAYS YOU CAN MAKE YOUR LASH BUSINESS MORE SUSTAINABLE!
- Research eco-friendly but high-quality products. There are various lash extension supplies and products available. Have options for the ones that are eco-friendly and sustainable. Try out our bamboo range of applicators, wands, cotton buds and microfibre brushes!
- Consider investing in energy-efficient light bulbs as they consume 75% less energy and they last longer compared to your regular light bulbs.
- Nowadays you can recycle almost everything. Educate yourself of what can be recycled! For example empty bottles should be separated from the biodegradables.
For more helpful tips or advice, find us on Instagram @lashbase_uk
If you have any idea's of how we could make LashBase more sustainable, we would love to hear your ideas and feedback! Email email@example.com